13 May 2008

Kicking, If Not Flogging, A Dead Horse

Good morning, everyone. It's a bright and sunny 6:50 AM here in Saga, Japan, and I overslept by an hour. That is to say, for a week I'd been waking up at 5:30 or earlier due to jet lag and had a couple of hours in the morning of free time, which got less depressing and more awesome every day. That 7:30 train that used to me mind-numbingly early? Now just a cool breeze through my morning.

So speaking of mind-numbing! I've been a bit slow updating this thing. In fact, I didn't see Adam's comment telling me to update for at least a couple of weeks. This, despite appearances, is not an update. No, this is simply a promise that I will update.

I've been to Hiroshima. I've been to Miyajima. I've been to Toronto, to Halifax, to Calgary and to Vancouver since I last wrote here, and I have the pictures to prove it. And since it's now 6:55 and I'm starting to think about a shower, I must leave you hanging on that last promise. Cheers!

2 comments:

kojaxs said...

Enjoy the jet-lag while it lasts. I remember being able to breeze into my 8:30 earlier this year after returning from Japan, but even though I tried hard to maintain my discipline I reverted to my old ways a couple of week.

Michael said...

I'm slipping back in. Even if it means an early night, waking up at 5:30 and feeling completely rested is a nice feeling. At least, this time of year.